Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Queen Elizabeth Park

The day following my afternoon in Downtown Vancouver, I visited Queen Elizabeth Park.

The park isn't that big (especially compared to Stanley Park), but was great to look at on a sunny day like the one I went on.

Furthermore, the park is the highest point within the city of Vancouver, so the view was spectacular.

At the centre of the park is the Bloedel Floral Conservatory. It was nice to look at, but I didn't enter as I didn't want to spend the money, and the weather was just too good outside.

Just beyond the conservatory was a fountain surrounded by places to sit. It would have been a perfect place to chill and have lunch. Unfortunately I hadn't brought any food with me, so I just chilled, took photos and recorded the fountain doing its fountain thing.

One of the mountains visible from the park is Grouse Mountain. I wonder if that's walking distance.

Continuing my walk around the park it was clear that it has a strong emphasis on horticulture. Quarry gardens, rose gardens etc., they put a lot of work into it.

I should also mention there is a restaurant in the park called "Seasons in the Park".

Just looking at the place I figured it would be a bit pricey to actually eat there, so I waited until I left the park, and grabbed a sub sandwich from a Subway downtown. Maybe I'll come back when I've earned a bit more cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment